Note: The Trouble Ticket Express is downloadable software. To use it you must install the
your web server. If you do not want
installing software on your server or your hosting provider does not allow installing 3rd party programs,
you may consider using Smart Answer - our cloud based
customer service software.
Smart Answer features trouble tickets, live help and embedded customer database. The system is
deployed on a distributed failover cluster. Instant help desk activation with
Getting loads of inquiries? Need to answer them with a team of agents?
This is what the problem tracking software deals with. Have you ever happened to be writing an
e-mail reply to a customer inquiry and when you have hit "send", another member of your team has
already dealt with the problem? It happens because conventional e-mail software does not
support "group" mode. The Trouble Ticket Express solves the problem, as it requires claiming
an ownership over a ticket, before ever starting to write an answer and ensures that
no ticket belongs to more than one operator at once. It is like having shared
mailbox with an advanced access control. Each e-mail message (or service ticket) has
new attributes showing who is responsible and what is the current state.
Seeing is believing
Watch the trouble ticket system in action on our demo site.
Download the Operator Manual.
Current version: 3.02 (10/08/17) version log
- Web based. Work from anywhere, whether you are at your desk, on the road, or working from home,
our trouble ticket software has the tools you need to access your customer service database. All of
Trouble Ticket Express features can be accessed though a web browser on virtually any operating system.
- Correspondence tracking. Every trouble ticket is displayed as a sequence of messages. The status attribute
shows whether the ticket is new, open, resolved or waiting for more input from the requestor.
- Email alerts on every new and follow-up message.
- Custom fields. Add virtually unlimited number of custom fields to your mail forms.
- Customizable ticket browser layout. Choose what information (including values of custom fields) you want to see while browsing ticket list.
(requires purchase of Layout Designer Module).
- Ticket monitoring. Customers and operators are always able to see ticket status and ticket owner info.
- Unlimited operators. Create as many operator logins as your business needs.
- Group Mode. Allows assigning an operator to one or more groups and smart ticket routing based on the ticket's group attribute.
(requires purchase of Groups Module).
- Inventory Tracking.
Allows defining a list of items such as servers, workstations, projects, premises, cars - anything you need to develop or provide a service for.
(requires purchase of Inventory Tracking Module).
- Highly customizable. Template driven software
for easy customization to match your web site appearance.
- Multiple inquiry forms. Define as many customer service forms
templates as you need.
- Optional MySQL database. (requires purchase of add-on module).
Allows using MySQL database to store trouble tickets. A specialized MySQL hosting
server might be an advantage to have.
- Optional SQL Server database. (requires purchase of add-on module).
Allows using Microsoft SQL Server database to store trouble tickets.
- File attachments. (requires purchase of add-on module).
Each message may include up to 3 file attachments.
- Answer Library. (requires purchase of add-on module).
Allows organizing answers and quick access to common questions & answers.
- Email based submission. (requires purchase of add-on module).
Allows submitting new tickets and follow-up messages via email. Both customers and operators may use email.
- POP3 account polling. (requires purchase of
The script emulates email piping: it polls an external POP3 account, retrieves email messages,
executes an email-processing program and feeds the message text to the program's
standard input. The script is not a substitute for the Mail Module! It emulates email piping feature the Mail Module needs to operate.
- Easy translations
Trouble Ticket Express may translate user interface elements (messages, labels, list values) on the fly using loadable dictionary (CSV file).
- Access code (a.k.a. captcha) to prevent ticket submissions by spambots
- Hidden messages to enable internal communications and actions logging.
- Markup tags to enhance messages using bold, italic, underline, code text attributes as well as images and hyperlinks.
- Usage reporting to monitor help desk workload and operator efficiency.
- Data export with optional Export module to
build custom reports using your favorite spreadsheet or analytical program.
- Easy data backup and restore with optional Backup/Restore module.
The module may be used also for hassle free server migrations and cross grades (e.g. from SQL Server Edition
to MySQL Edition or Standard Edition)
- Source code available. The software is written in Perl.
- Hosting account with CGI scripting enabled. Both Unix and Windows NT servers are fully supported.
- Access to sendmail or smtp relay.
Email Blacklist Check
Are you sure the Trouble Ticket Express email messages reach your customers?
Are you sure your server is not blacklisted? Do not wait for your customers to tell you the truth,
by the time the problem becomes patently obvious, it may be too late to remedy it.
Get notified and act instantly the same day. Free trial available.